The interactive children’s book “Stay Safe with Ruby and Reuben” by Sneha Sabu is a not-for-profit initiative. The author has made a commitment to dedicate sales proceeds to fund NGOs in safeguarding children from sexual abuse and printing copies for children, families, or caregivers needing help to buy a copy. This book got a 5 out of 5 starred BREW book review and is the May 2022 BREW Readers’ Choice Award winner.
- Title: Stay Safe with Ruby and Reuben
- Author: Sneha Sabu
- Genre: Fiction (Children’s Book)
- Theme: Child safety
- Publication Date: 18 April 2022
- ISBN or ASIN: 1636405150 / 978-1636405155
- Number of Pages: 36
- Minimum Audience Age: 2
(Note: 0=none, 1=a few, 2=considerable, 3=pronounced, 4=excessive)
- Sexual themes: 1
- Religious themes: 0
- Violence, self-harm, etc.: 0
- Crude language, expletives, swearing, etc.: 0
- Other adult themes: 0
Children’s Book Features
- Good role models for younger ones: Not specified by the author
- Moral values: Not specified by the author
- Good social manners: Not specified by the author
- Age-appropriate language and topics: Yes
- Age-appropriate illustrations: Yes
- Gained the approval of a licensed educator or professionals in a relevant field: Not specified by the author
- Based on scientifically-proven data or similar information: Not specified by the author
- Produced through industry-standard research processes: Not specified by the author
- Other relevant information: The author has worked in a relevant NGO in the past, which enhanced her understanding of the book’s topic.
Cartoon characters Ruby and Reuben in Sneha Sabu’s interactive book Stay Safe with Ruby and Reuben make it easy for parents to have child safety conversations with children. The book covers good and bad touches, secret codes, safe sleepovers, and safety in school. For example, how will children respond when they experience bad touch if they do not realize they are experiencing bad touch? Are children safe while going to school, coming back, and being in school? How must children react if a stranger knocks on their door when alone at home? What if a known person attempts to pick children from school without their parent’s knowledge? How must children react when someone they know misbehaves with them and compromises their safety? Experts recommend safety conversations with children must start at the age of two and have a more comprehensive conversation at the age of five.
The book takes the children through real-life situations they may encounter in their day-to-day lives. Characters Ruby and Reuben help other children understand how they must respond in situations that compromise their safety. Written for preschool and primary school children, interactive activities, learning new words, puzzles, and tasks make the book engaging. Stay Safe with Ruby and Reuben is a must-read for all children as it is written in a child-friendly language.
As you may be aware, millions of children face child sexual abuse every year. When we create awareness among children, they would be well-equipped to react in situations that compromise their safety.
Stay Safe with Ruby and Reuben is a not-for-profit initiative. Income from sales will be used to fund NGOs to protect children from sexual abuse and print copies for children who cannot afford a copy.
Sneha Sabu is a strategist and author. She has written more than 25 short stories for children.
Contact: Sneha Sabu
The author or the publisher provided the above information.
Vote for this book
Did you like this book, too? If yes, help it become the next BREW Readers’ Choice awardee.
- Vote below.
- Like below.
Promote your book
Do you also have a book? If yes, you can create a free listing, request for free promotion, secure book review slots, be seen on a guaranteed number of news or media sites, or get other affordable upgrades, too. Here’s the link: https://thechrysalisbrewproject.com/other-book-services/.