Use this page to nominate a book for the annual BREW Book Excellence Awards (BBEA) and you are its author, copyright owner, or authorized representative.
Terms and Conditions
Before lodging your request, ensure that you have read, understood, and agreed with all terms and conditions. Click below to read all the details.
What you need to know
Before you start filling in the forms for your own book’s nomination, ensure that you have read the terms and conditions of the awards.
- General BREW Book Excellence Awards Terms and Conditions
- BREW Book Excellence Awards nomination form, costs, as well as other specific terms and conditions
- Requests for BREW Book Reviews
- Nominate your own book for an award
- Nominate a book you love for an award
- Other BREW Book Awards
- BREW Award Winners
- Optional Extras for BREW Award Winners
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Disclaimer and Disclosure
- Editorial Guidelines
- Contact Form
What you need to begin
Ensure that you prepare all the requirements listed before you submit your application.
You need the following:
For your book’s award nomination and free book post
- Your book’s details
- Your book’s blurb
- For nominations with a free book post, this must be:
- at least 300 words and
- an original, unique, never published version.
- For nominations only (without a free book post):
- There are no word limits or originality requirements for the write-up because it will not be published.
- However, you are encouraged to provide the best write-up you could muster for better first impressions as well as additional points to support your book’s nomination.
- Click here for more details about getting extra points from your write-up.
- For nominations with a free book post, this must be:
- A full copy of your book
- We can accept any of the following:
- A pdf copy preferably without the cover and appropriately watermarked (e.g. COPY NOT FOR SALE, FOR BREW USE ONLY, REVIEW COPY, COPY FOR BREW AWARDS, or something similar)
- A Word copy that we will convert into a watermarked pdf for you
- Free downloadable copies of the book on your site or another site like BookFunnel for at least 5 days after your application
- Free to download copies on Amazon or a similar book site for at least 5 days after your application
- You retain the copyright to your work, although we may use portions for purposes related to your book’s promotion or award nomination.
- We can accept any of the following:
- Your book cover’s file
For your free Author’s Profile with an interview post
- Your (author’s) details
- Original, unique, never published “About the Author” write-up (100 to 300 words)
- Your (author’s) answers to interview questions
- Your (author’s) profile photo’s file
- Note that you do not need the above information if you are not claiming your free Author’s Profile with a free interview post.
For a free nomination slot
- All of the above plus the link to 1 of your book’s reviews published on the BREW website that you’d like us to consider for your book’s nomination
You are required to provide the above information even if you have submitted them to us before for another BREW service or purpose.
If you are nominating multiple books for the awards, you are required to lodge nominations and submit requirements separately for each book.
If you don’t have what we require
For free or sponsored nominations
For free or sponsored award nominations, we will only respond to and process complete submissions. You need to pay a 20 AUD request reprocessing fee + any fees for the requirements you missed or we need to help you with to produce.
To avoid paying the 20 AUD request reprocessing fee:
- HIGHLY AND STRONGLY RECOMMENDED: Prepare and submit all the requirements for your request.
- WE HOPE THIS DOESN’T HAPPEN: We do not want you to pay anything, so we would like to sincerely ask you to prepare and submit all the requirements for your request. However, in extreme cases when you can’t help us help you, let us know immediately if you need help with any of the above requirements. We will then send you an invoice and, once we receive your corresponding payment, we can process your request thereafter.
For paid nominations
We will respond to all paid nominations. There is no additional request reprocessing fee chargeable but you need to pay fees for the requirements you missed or we need to help you with to produce.
Additional fees and charges for both free or sponsored and paid nominations with incomplete requirements
- Author’s bio rewriting: For 10 AUD, we can rewrite your existing bio upon your request. For us to do this, you will need to provide the link to your LinkedIn profile or published bio on your own site or another reputable site. This service does not include fact-checking, as we will only rewrite what you already have. We currently do not offer an author’s bio writing service.
- Blurb writing: For 30 AUD, we can write a 300-word blurb for you if you will provide the watermarked full pdf book copy.
- Blurb rewriting: For 10 AUD, we can write your own existing blurb if you will provide the watermarked full pdf book copy and the link to your own existing blurb that you’d like us to rewrite. This service does not include fact-checking, as we will only rewrite what you already have.
- Book purchase: If you don’t have a suitable free copy of your book, we can buy copies of your book instead. Fees for the service will vary according to your book’s price, any delivery fees if available on paperback/hardcover version only, plus 20% to cover several platform costs for us to receive, process, and disburse the amount you’d send us. We need at least 3 copies of your book per award category nomination. For example: If you’d nominate your book for 2 award categories, then we need at least 6 copies of your book. Thus, we will charge you 6 x (your book’s purchase cost + delivery fees) plus 20% of the gross total amount in addition to any other charges for other requirements you were unable to produce.
If you’d like to nominate someone else’s book
If you wish to nominate a book for an award but you are not its author, copyright owner, or authorized representative, this is not the right page for you.
For paid nominations: What you need to know about your free review(s)
If you’d like to request a free or sponsored nomination slot
- Important requirement: Your book must have at least 1 existing book review published on our site to get a free or sponsored nomination slot. If your book does not have a BREW book review yet, you can choose 1 from the following options:
- Pay for your book’s award nomination and get at least 1 book review.
- Secure a book review through one of our free and paid pathways to obtain the review(s). Here’s the link: https://thechrysalisbrewproject.com/get-your-book-reviews/.
- You may request 1 slot of fee-free, Store with a Heart-sponsored nomination for the award year.
- However, note that only paid nominations will get free book reviews.
- Unpaid, free, or sponsored nominations will not get the entitlement to the free book review(s).
- To maximize the number of nominees who could avail of the fee-free, sponsored slots, we are setting a maximum limit of 1 slot for every book or author.
From 2 November 2022 until further notice:
- In addition to the rates below, there is now an option to nominate for the awards at a reduced cost of 60 AUD (roughly 39 USD). This option does not include a free book review.
From 27 May 2022 until further notice, here are the costs and inclusions per book with up to 190,000 words:
- FREE: 0 AUD for 1 slot of fee-free, sponsored annual BREW Book Excellence Awards (BBEA) nomination for books with at least 1 existing The Chrysalis BREW Project (BREW) professional review
- Free or sponsored nominations are not entitled to free reviews.
- NOMINATION ONLY: 60 AUD (approximately 45 USD) per BBEA category nomination per book; with no free book review
- NOMINATION WITH BOOK REVIEW: 100 AUD (approximately 68 USD) per BBEA category nomination per book + 1 free review per book regardless of the number of BBEA category nominations.
- Example: If you nominate your book to 3 BBEA categories, you will still get only 1 review for the book.
- An additional fee of 60 AUD per category will be applied to the 2nd and subsequent BBEA category nominations of the book, if any.
- Fast-tracked free review availability: 200 AUD per book.
- Generally, the free review(s) for paid award nominations will be available on, before, or after the award results announcement day.
- With this upgrade, 1 free review will be made available within 1 month after nomination lodgement for an extra fee of 200 AUD per book. Only 1 free review per book can be fast-tracked.
- Additional charges will apply to books with more than 190,000 words. Contact us for more details.
Complete and pay for your book’s nomination
Important Note: You will be taken to the secured payment processing facility of our partner site, Store with a Heart. Thus, you will receive emails from the said site regarding your order and further information about offers and discounts; you can opt out or unsubscribe anytime from emails you do not want to receive.
Choose 1 from the following options.
We will send you a confirmation email around 1 to 5 business days after we receive your complete submission.
For paid nominations, we will let you know if we need anything further to proceed.
For entirely-free nominations, we will cancel your request or order without further notice if your submission is incomplete or if you accidentally placed an order for 2 or more category nominations. We will not respond to incomplete entirely-free nomination submissions.
Award winners will be announced on the 1st of April.
Claim your free Author’s Profile with an interview post
Claim your free Author’s Profile + interview + book post + free monthly and annual BREW Readers’ Choice Awards nomination
Where do you want to go next?
Choose 1 from the following options:
- Free author’s profile with an interview.
- Free book promotion (No guaranteed dates or results)
- Free author’s profile, interview, and book promotion (No guaranteed dates or results)
- Guaranteed book promotion date
- Bestseller book promotion packages
- Paid book promotion options
- Free Directory listing (No sharing or promotion included)
- BREW Book Awards
- BREW International Blog Awards
- Book review requests
- Free article submission
- Press releases or media outreach packages
- Shop or featured products and services
- Another query