August is Poetry Month in Australia. Created in 2021 by Red Room Poetry, it is happening again in 2022.
This year, it’ll be our first time participating. As our way of paying it forward, we’re holding a Poetry Writing Contest just for you and our worldwide community readers and audiences.
How to Join
Yes. You read it right. The contest is open to all poets across the globe.
Plus, joining is FREE.
The image you’d use for your entry should be your own, or you have permission to use it freely.
A poem must be the poetry author’s original work and not borrowed or copied from someone else’s work. Reprints are accepted as long as there are no copyright restrictions preventing us from sharing or publishing your work as part of your entry or winning the contest.
You may submit as many entries as you want and can. The conditions: Each entry should be unique and different from your other entries. Each form submission should contain only 1 poem.
A poem must be written in English and with at least 4 lines. You may submit a lengthy poem of up to 100 lines.
Your poem could be about any suitable topic or content. Refer to our site’s Terms for more details.
Step 1: If it’s your first time submitting a listing, then select “Create Account” or “Register” first to create your account. If you are a returning user, then simply log in to your account.
Note: If you are not logged in your WordPress account, you will be prompted to do so. If you don’t have a WordPress account yet, you will be prompted to create one using your preferred email address.
Step 2: Choose “Poetry Month Entry” under “Category.”
Step 3: Fill in the required information.
- You don’t need to complete fields that are not required.
- Only the “required” fields need to be completed.
- Shortcuts and links are available below this page.
Step 5: Subscribe to our newsletter and be the first to know about the Poetry Writing Contest and other BREW updates and offers. Kindly note that only the winning entries will receive further notification emails on or after the announcement date around the 1st week of October.
All entries must be received on or before the 31st of August 2022 to qualify. On the 1st of September 2022, we will choose the best entries.
Entries received after the deadline or from 1 September 2022 onwards will be processed for the 2023 BREW Poetry Writing Contest.
Winners will be announced on or after the 1st week of October 2022.
All shortlisted entries will get the following:
– A “Poet’s Badge”
– A 10% discount code from Store with a Heart
– Possible feature in a Poetry Anthology or compilation of poems, reviews, short stories, and other works to be published by award-winning publisher ALPJ and Sons
The overall winner(s) will also receive the following:
– All of the above
– A digital “BREW Poetry Award” winner’s badge
– A digital “BREW Poetry Award” winner’s certificate
– Feature in one (1) The World’s Best Magazine issue to be published by award-winning publisher ALPJ and Sons (Note: Christmas-themed poems will be published in the Christmas issue while all other winners will be published in a relatedly-themed magazine issue.)
*Prizes are not convertible to cash or transferrable. No royalties will be paid for publication.
Do you have questions or ideas? If yes, then complete our Contact Form or email us via email@example.com, and we will respond in 1 to 5 business days.