SPORT: A STAGE FOR LIFE
Author's Profile + Interview + Book Profile / by Cristiana Pinciroli / 40 views / Sold
- Listing ID: 12838
- Author's Name: Cristiana Pinciroli
- Your Email Address: email@example.com
About the Author:
A native of São Paulo, Cristiana Pinciroli began her sports career at the age of 6 as a swimmer and then as a water polo player. She went on to captain the Brazilian National Women's Water Polo team for 15 years and played professionally in Italy for 4 years. In 2019, she founded WeTeam, a consultancy dedicated to leaders and athletes, combining the lessons learned from high- performance sports with studying the science of happiness. Her goal is to foster the development and fulfillment of human potential along a journey of success and well-being.
Cristiana Pinciroli is the founder of WeTeam. With over 25 years of experience as an executive, she combines the lessons learned from high-performance sports with the study of the science of happiness to foster the development and fulfillment of human potential along a journey of success and well-being.
Sport is a powerful tool that inspires us to push beyond our limits, face down challenges, and develop personal skills that can be applied in many aspects of life. In "Sport: A Stage for Life", Cristiana has gathered stories and insights from athletes, coaches, academicians, physicians, and psychologists to share evidence about how we can tap into human potential and create a life filled with fulfillment and happiness.
- URL of the book's purchase link: https://weteam.today/book/
- Genre: Non fiction; self help
Titles of All Books:
Sport: a Stage for Life (Engish version)
Esporte um Palco para a vida (Portuguese version)
- 1. Did you love reading books when you were little? Why or why not?: Yes, books have always been an important part of my life. When I was young, I was so curious about and entertained by, the art of interviewing people, of bringing their stories to life. So I read a lot of non-fiction and biographies. I learned that communication is one of the most challenging - yet powerful - ways to foster a trusting and supportive relationship, between individuals and within society.
- 2. At what age did you start reading books? What were your best memories of that time?: My best memories of reading books are with my grandmothers - both of them! One had a Spanish background, and the other grandmother had her parents from Latvia, so I had the additional benefit of learning about different cultures. Reading books was part of our bonding, as they shared stories about our family and heritage.
- 3. What was the first book you loved reading? Why?: When I was young, I loved reading The Odyssey with my father. The story transported me to unknown places and allowed me to experience unimaginable adventures! I now know that these were metaphors for real-world situations, where we need to have the courage to experiment with new things and ideas, broadening our perspectives in life while staying connected to our roots.
- 4. When did you first think about writing your first book? Why?: I always thought about writing a book! It was only after my corporate career that I really focused on making this dream come true. Playing/competing in sports has shaped my life in so many ways: it has strengthened my family bond, prepared me to face difficult obstacles in life, work on a team, and focus on reaching my goals. During difficult situations, I still go back to my experience in sports to “find” answers and inspiration. As the idea for my book was coming into focus, I invited my father to write it with me!
- 5. What was the greatest obstacle you've encountered when you were writing your book? What made you overcome it?: One of the greatest obstacles in writing a book was identifying how to structure our message. My father and I wanted to have real-life stories so the readers could relate to them and, at the same time, include scientific base researches to provide evidence. Our goal was to write a book that could inspire people and lead them into action through simple and powerful messages.
- 6. What pieces of advice can you give aspiring authors? What worked for you?: My advice to aspiring authors is to create a weekly routine - plan your activities, do your research, and write every day, even for a short period of time. Working with someone on a project like writing a book - in my case, my father - was key! For me, this made the process much more pleasurable and exciting, as we celebrated each hard-earned milestone! Even today, together we savor all feedback and every recognition that we receive.
7. Who are the authors or what are the books that had the greatest influence in your own writing? Why?:
Tal Ben-Shahar is a best-selling author of many books, including Happier - No Matter What - cultivating Hope, Resilience, and Purpose in hard times. He had a great influence on my writing and scientific research. I am a happiness-certified trainer by the Happiness Studies Academy which is led by Dr. Ben-Shahar. He was my professor and became my mentor in working with the intersection of high performance and happiness, two very important elements that whenever worked together, can enhance well-being and our state of mind to promote both a successful and happy life.
Another author was Timothy Gallwey who wrote The Inner Game of Tennis. He inspired me by the way he used sport psychology in demonstrating the internal dialogue that an athlete has and how to practice the skillsets to reach the flow state and perform at our best.
- 8. What are your current or future writing plans? What can readers further expect from you?: I just participated in a movie pitch festival in LA. I hope to expand the reach of my book to the screens.
Awards, reviews, press releases, and other relevant information:
Discover the Secrets of High Performance and Happiness in "Sport: A Stage for Life" - A Must-Read Book by Accomplished Athlete Cristiana Pinciroli
"Sport: A Stage for Life," written by the accomplished athlete and businesswoman Cristiana Pinciroli and her father, Pedro Pinciroli, has received the Firebird Book Award, was an Indies Today finalist in 2022 and was recently recognized as Difference Maker and Category Winner for the Brew Book Excellence Award. The book features inspiring stories of successes, challenges and reflections from world-renowned athletes, as well as insights from experts in coaching, academia, medicine, and psychology. Cristiana's goal is to guide readers toward their own life of high performance and happiness. "Sport: A Stage for Life" is a must-read for anyone seeking personal and professional growth.
Review from Literary Titan
In Sport: A Stage for Life: How To Connect With the Touchstones of Elite Performance And Personal Fulfillment, readers are immersed in the world of Water Polo and other sports as the authors share interesting facts, aspects, and tips about their favorite sports and others. Cristiana Pinciroli and Pedro Pinciroli have written an intriguing and enlightening book that is relevant in both the world of sports and real life. Both father and daughter were professional water polo players who participated in major leagues and big tournaments worldwide. Cristiana played in Italy and captained the Brazilian national team for more than a decade, while her father, Pedro, represented Brazil at two Olympics, among other major sports events. As you read about the stories of these two prolific sports icons, you realize that sports are not just for fun, as they also play a critical role in the wellness of society.
I like how Cristiana starts the book. The author familiarizes the reader with her story, writing about her father’s achievements and how her inspiration for sports was born. Cristiana Pinciroli is an engaging author. Her writing gives one a sense of realization. When talking about her background and family, Cristiana makes the reader feel every moment of her writing. She chronicles funny stories and witty tales and is authentic in her writing. Cristiana’s love for the game is moving, and her dedication and passion are admirable. When writing about water polo, the author ensures that even readers that are not familiar with the game grasp how it is played. The readers get it all from the rules, how the scores are counted, training, and tips on being a good player and playing in big matches.
Sport: A Stage for Life is well written, and one of my favorite things in the book is the historical tidbits. There is a ton to learn about Latin America and the western world and the changes that have been happening over the years, whether in politics, sports, economic changes, and social transformations. One can draw many lessons from the authors’ lives and other sports professionals discussed in the book; endurance and competitiveness are some of the greatest elements of a great sportsman or sportswoman. Practice every chance you get and build your confidence with every game. Both big and small games are important, as there is something to learn.
Sport: A Stage for Life is an inspirational self-help book that gives readers insight into making personal transformations. This well-written book has 12 chapters that take you through the ins and outs of sports and enlighten you on life hacks. The authors may have written about sports, but shared lessons can help the reader in their day-to-day activities. Whether focusing on health, discipline, setting goals, being spirited, or following your dream, Cristiana and Pedro Pinciroli have tips that will help you elevate your mindset and whole being.
Pages: 449 | ASIN : B0B3M2XL6K
You must log in to post a comment.