She Sells Seashells by the Seashore: Biographies of 12 Entrepreneurial Women
Author's Profile + Interview + Book Profile / by JUSTLAUREN82@HOTMAIL.COM / 63 views
- Listing ID: 11696
- Author's Name: Lawrence Jean-Louis
- Your Email Address: justLauren82@hotmail.com
About the Author:
Born in Cap-Haitien, Haiti, with a fondness for both breaking things to see how they work, Lawrence is an insurance broker, a beaded jewelry artist and working towards building a money management firm by 2030.
Her favorite artists include Jackson Pollock, Piet Mondrian, Vincent van Gogh, Salvador Dali, Frida Kahlo, Alexander Calder, Johannes Vermeer, and Jean-Michel Basquiat. Connect with her at lawrencejeanlouis.com, on Goodreads, Amazon, or Twitter.
She is the author of Drunken Philosophy, Poop! Random Words, Musings and Insight, Color Your Word! A Creativity Outlet for Nerdy Adults, and That's Just My Baby Daddy! 12 Men Who've Contributed Greatly to Society.
- URL of the book's purchase link: https://books2read.com/she-sells-seashells-by-the-seashore
- Genre: Non-Fiction
- Titles of All Books: Drunken Philosophy, Poop! Random Words, Musings and Insight, Color Your Word! A Creativity Outlet for Nerdy Adults, That's Just My Baby Daddy! 12 Men Who've Contributed Greatly to Society, She Sells Seashells by the Seashore: Biographies of 12 Entrepreneurial Women.
- 1. Did you love reading books when you were little? Why or why not?: Yes, because it allowed you to go on an adventure.
- 2. At what age did you start reading books? What were your best memories of that time?: Maybe 5. My best memories were of going to the library to read Goosebumps (a few years later), and the create your own adventure books.
- 3. What was the first book you loved reading? Why?: Probably Oliver Twist.
- 4. When did you first think about writing your first book? Why?: Since elementary school after moving to the US. Not sure why. One assignment was to write our autobiography maybe in 3rd or 4th grade.
- 5. What was the greatest obstacle you've encountered when you were writing your book? What made you overcome it?: Self-publishing. Overcame it because I knew that if I didn't, I'd never publish anything.
- 6. What pieces of advice can you give aspiring authors? What worked for you?: Quiet the world, and write from your heart.
- 7. Who are the authors or what are the books that had the greatest influence in your own writing? Why?: Love Pearl S. Buck and Jared Diamond. Inspired by Walter Isaacson's biographies.
- 8. What are your current or future writing plans? What can readers further expect from you?: Don't Cry for Me, Alexandria. Some novels, one about a black cowboy in a steampunk setting of Kissimmee, FL.
- Awards, reviews, press releases, and other relevant information: N/A
You must log in to post a comment.