Praesidium by McKinley Aspen
Author's Profile + Interview + Book Profile / by Guest Post Writer / 12 views
Kathryn Bek gets the chance of a lifetime: a job offer right out of college, and in New York City, where adventure lies around every corner. Believing she is recruited for her marketing prowess, she is excited by the prospect of her new job in the intelligence sector; but all is not what it seems. Before long, Kathryn and her new team are thrown into a world of mystery, murder, and magic. As the team rushes around the world, untangling the web of lies, she finds that her past may be the key to protecting her, and the world’s, future. Will she be able to confront her fuzzy past to unlock the secrets within herself? Can her team rise to the challenge and stop the Paolucci Crime Family before they unleash havoc upon the globe? Who will endure, the Kathryn of the past, or that of the future? Praesidium can simply be described as “Good people with mad skills working to bring hope to a dark world.”
- Listing ID: 12815
- Author's Name: McKinley Aspen
- About the Author: Adventure seeker, nature lover, baseball fan
- URL of the book's purchase link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1958714003
- Genre: Fiction, Urban Fantasy, Mystery
- 1. Did you love reading books when you were little? Why or why not?: I loved reading books. It offered me a way to experience other cultures, and go to places around the globe without leaving my bedroom.
2. At what age did you start reading books? What were your best memories of that time?:
Maybe 4? Very very early in life.
My favorite books included Anne of Green Gables, Black Beauty and Nantucket Summer. I loved Scholastic Book Day at school where we would receive a flyer and be able to order our own books!
- 3. What was the first book you loved reading? Why?: Nancy Drew Mysteries - it just seemed adventurous to me.
- 4. When did you first think about writing your first book? Why?: I have thought about it many times, but it wasn't until I was a parent of a high school student that I was able to really sit down and work on the craft of writing.
- 5. What was the greatest obstacle you've encountered when you were writing your book? What made you overcome it?: Sometimes you don't feel like writing. When those times happen, you have to be strong enough to say "it's ok" and just walk away and do something else. Some people get stuck in that, and try and force themselves through it - but nothing good comes out of the forcefulness.
- 6. What pieces of advice can you give aspiring authors? What worked for you?: Keep writing. Write about everything, all the time. You never know when the lightbulb will click with a wonderful idea.
- 7. Who are the authors or what are the books that had the greatest influence in your own writing? Why?: Phyllis Green - Nantucket Summer - one of my favorites.
- 8. What are your current or future writing plans? What can readers further expect from you?: I have completed book two of the Shadows in the Wind series and it will be published in July 2023. Book three is still in the editing process. I look forward to book tours this year and meeting fans and signing books!
- Awards, reviews, press releases, and other relevant information: BREW Book Excellence Award - Urban of 2023
You must log in to post a comment.